As Valentine approaches, so also does worry for the perfect gift. Looking for something thoughtful as well as beautiful for your significant other or family and friends? Well, here is one cute recipe to help with that thought. Valentine chocolate covered strawberries are easy to make sends the right message and to top all, rides on a low budget. Be sure to give it a try.
- 1 cup of chocolate
- 1 cup of white chocolate
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of chocolate cookie crumbs
- ½ cup of smashed peanut
Notice that all colours of ingredients used are colours that scream ‘Valentine’, thus the addition of it to its name.
- In two separate bowls, place the chocolate and white chocolate with half cup of coconut oil on each and stir until you achieve a liquid consistency.
- In separate bowls still, pour cookie crumbs and smashed peanut.
- Wash strawberries thoroughly.
- The last part of the making works according to your discretion. Attach a toothpick to the tip of the strawberries and dip in any of the mixtures in the separate bowls and leave for at least fifteen minutes to dry up, while also giving at most five minute interval between each dip. It could be strawberries dipped in white chocolate and chocolate, or strawberries dipped in white chocolate, splayed with lines of chocolate. It could be strawberries dipped in white chocolate and chocolate cookie crumbs, or strawberries dipped in chocolate and smashed peanut. Whatever that suits you.
In no time, your perfect gift, well packed in a cookie box is ready.