Fire Guts Building in Lagos

A building was engulfed by fire on Wednesday at Okeowo Somorin Street, Ifako Gbagada area of Lagos State.

It was learnt that vehicles parked within the premises of the building were damaged.

The Lagos State Emergency Agency confirmed the incident.

The agency in a statement said the fire started from a power surge,

It said, “The Agency responded to Okeowo Somorin Street, Ifako Gbagada which appears to have caught fire from a power surge when electricity supply was restored.

“There are no casualties but the flames spread very quickly to a number of vehicles and a generator within the premises.

“Joint responders of Lagos Fire Service and the agency are working to curtail the spread.

“Once this is done, a full assessment will be carried out.”

 

Stanbic-IBTC-Pension-Managers