1. It is indeed a great honour to flag off our presidential campaign in Jos, the Home of Peace and Tourism. On this glorious plateau for which this state is named, one can see the vast potential and scope of our excellent nation.
2. One can look out on the horizon of renewed hope the great things we are capable of achieving with unity of purpose and a collective spirit.
3. One can see greater prosperity and jobs in an economy humming with activity.
From the farmer in the rural area to the city boy in a bustling urban centre, each will have productive work to do and a decent home to return to.
4. One can see a Nigeria where all who want to will be able to build a decent life from the fruits of their individual and collective endeavour.
From this fine vantage point, we see how far we have come. We also see how far we must go and the road that will take us there.
5. With this flag off, we take a most important, and symbolic step in the best and proper direction.
6. I am deeply honoured for the presence of His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari.
As campaign chairman, he promised to lead from the front.
A man of his word, President Buhari has done what he said and more.
7. Mr. President, you have provided exceptional service to the nation and party. Your contributions are both positive and enduring. When the history of this period is objectively written, it will smile upon you and treat you with utmost kindness.
8. I thank our national chairman of the party for his sagacity in steering party affairs.
9. To the patriotic governors of our great party, I thank you for your solidarity and support since we commenced this journey. I extend the same appreciation to other important leaders here today.
10. My hardworking Director General, Governor Lalong, I appreciate your leadership of the campaign. I see your positive footprints on the Plateau. You are an excellent DG and governor.
11. To all of you, our dear party members and the general public, thank you for being with us today.
Plateau is a state rich in minerals, agriculture, tourism, and industrial potential. May these blessings continue.
And may such blessings extend to every state, community, and home in this state and in our nation.
12. We have come to this historic site not just to flag off a presidential campaign.
13. We hereby reaffirm our commitment to progressive good governance and to the fruits that such governance can bring to this nation.
February 2023 is more than an election.
Read Also: We will build on Buhari’s achievements – Tinubu
It is a fight to define the soul of the nation and to determine our collective fate.
14. Do we adhere to the ideals of broadly shared prosperity, competence, peace, justice and compassion toward all?
Or do we toss these ideals away, lashing ourselves to the divisive politics of the past or to those whose rantings show they cannot distinguish between fact and fantasy.