Nursing Mother Dies While Saving 4-Month-Old Baby

Stanbic-IBTC-Pension-Managers

A nursing mother has been electrocuted in the Agip Estate area of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State.

It was gathered that the victim, identified as Latifa Seiyi, lost her life when a high tension wire fell on the rooftop of a building where she lived with her family.

A spark from the wire ignited fire and burnt part of the victim who was nursing a baby of about four months.

A resident, who gave his name only as Stanley, said the woman was struggling to save her baby when the wire touched her legs, adding that help did not come in time for the victim.

Another resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “The incident is pathetic. It is something that nobody would want to see happen. The woman just gave birth about four months ago. We were at home when the cable fell. The woman was rushing to the room to save her daughter but her legs touched the cable.

“It burnt her legs. She struggled to reach where her daughter was, but she never knew that the iron protector had electric current. She was electrocuted; she died on the spot. People should stop building under high tension wires. It is bad.”

It was leant that officials of the Rivers State fire service arrived at the scene after the woman had died.

The spokesman for the state police command, Nnamdi Omoni, could not be reached for comments as he neither answered calls put across to him by our reporter nor replied to a text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report.

latest nigerian entertainment news

Stanbic-IBTC-Pension-Managers

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here